Almond & Prune Energy Balls – Makes 10 Servings
This recipe contains calcium from the almonds and iodine from the prunes. Calcium and iodine are two key nutrients which pose a risk of deficiency when an individual cuts dairy from their diet. Calcium is vital for supporting bones, teeth and regulating heart rate and fluid balance within the body. Iodine is essential for managing thyroid function and supporting cognitive function in young individuals.
- 100g whole almonds
- 200g prunes
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate powder
- Drizzle of honey
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
1. In a food processor blitz the almonds until they become a flour like texture.
2. Add the prunes, salt, chocolate powder and honey. Blitz until the texture becomes dough like.
3. Roll into balls and then roll into the coconut.
4. Place in the fridge to cool and enjoy!