For the icing:
- 300g Icing sugar
- 90g Cocoa powder
- 70g Coconut oil (softened not melted)
- 1 Tbsp Oat milk
- 1 Punnet of fresh strawberries
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C (fan).
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa powder.
3. Next, melt the coconut oil and dark chocolate in a pan over a very low light. Once melted, remove from the heat and stir in the honey.
4. Add the wet ingredient to the dry ingredients and then whisk in the eggs and oat milk.
5. Divide the mix between two greased 8” cake tins and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until a knife comes out clean.
6. Set the cakes aside and begin making the icing by sifting the icing sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl. Then whisk in the coconut oil and loosen slightly by adding the oat milk. We recommend adding the oat milk slowly to avoid the mixture becoming too lose. You may need a splash more oat milk depending on the consistency of your coconut oil.
7. Once the cakes are cool, add the icing between the layers and finish off by spreading the reaming icing on the top of the cake. Top the cake with some fresh strawberries and enjoy!