Mushroom and Spinach Risotto served with Baked Cod
- 30g Butter
- 1 White onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- 250g Mushrooms
- 2 Sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 Tsp dried rosemary
- 200g Risotto rice
- 4 Cups of vegetable stock
- ½ Cup of white wine (or more stock)
- 2 Handfuls of spinach
- 40g Parmesan cheese (plus extra for serving)
For the Cod:
- 2 Filets of cod
- 4 Sprigs of fresh thyme
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Begin by adding the cod with fresh thyme, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a baking tray and wrap it in foil. Place in the oven to bake for around 15 minutes.
3. Next, add the butter to a pan and leave to melt over a medium heat.
4. In the meantime, slice the onion and peel and mince the garlic. Once the butter has melted add this to the pan over a medium-high heat and allow to sweat for 1-2 minutes.
5. Next, roughly slice the mushrooms and add this to the pan with the rosemary spindles and dried rosemary. Stir well until the mushrooms have softened.
6. Then add the risotto rice to the pan and stir before pouring in the first cup of stock. Cook over a high heat stirring constantly. Once the first cup of stock has been absorbed, add the wine and stir until all the liquid has been absorbed. Repeat this with the rest of the stock until the rice is soft. Just before serving stir the spinach into the risotto along with the parmesan.
7. Finish off by dishing up with an extra sprinkling of parmesan topped off with the cod.